*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Day 510: Pack Rat

I've got three days until I leave Korea, but damn I've got a lot to do! I gotta empty out my apartment (Keith's gonna move in on Saturday), mail stuff back home, pack my backpack for the trip, buy a few more things for the trip, get my money taken care of, close my bank account here in Korea, finish my blog, email everyone...oh I'm gonna be a busy boy!

I went and got all of my banking done today and it was a relief to get that out of the way. I've got all my traveller's cheques for my trip now, sent the remainder of my account here back to Canada, and took care of some final bills. DONE!

Later in my apartment I began the dismantling. It's always kinda hard to take apart your home and know that very soon you'll never live in that space again and it'll be out of you life. It is just four walls, a floor, and roof, but becomes so much more with the life you've breathed into it and all the memories you've had there.

It also reconfirmed the already solid fact that I'm a notorious pack rat. Fuck, I keep all kinds of shit! Why do I do it!!?? My apartment is quite small and I have very little storage space in it but somehow I've still managed to accumulate all kinds of crap over the last year. I came to Korea with only two suitcases and a carry-on, but will be going back with all of that plus four giant heavy ass boxes that I gotta mail off. The Korean postal system is about to make a pretty penny off of me! Really, every time I live in a new place I always promise myself that 'this time it'll be different' and I won't be such a pack rat, but yet time after time I stay true to my roots. Still I was a bit proud of myself today cause I threw away all kinds of 'sentimental shit' that I normally would've held onto. Living overseas, thankfully, sorta limits you what you can keep. Soon I'll be a nomad but I'm sure somehow I'll find ways to stay a pack rat as I wander through Southeast Asia!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home