*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Day 508: Snack Party Overdose

Today was Monday, the last day that I get to teach my Returnee kids. It was a good afternoon that flew by even though I was really tired and felt like I was running on only one cylinder. Barb was with me all day so that she could become familiar with the classes and meet all the kids. She's a really nice lady and I'm so happy that she's the teacher that's replacing me. You develop such a bond with your kids that you worry about them after you leave, if they're going to be in good hands or not. But she's a great teacher, I can tell, and I know that my kids will be in good hands.

I had snack parties all afternoon as part of my going away celebrations, and it was fun for the first little bit but the fact that I had SIX SNACK PARTIES in one afternoon was just a bit much for me. A boy can only handle so much coke, shrimp crackers, and elementary kids in a day, ya know!

Some of my kids were really sad to see me go, especially the Grade 3's. There's a lot of them that I've taught for the entire year I've been at POLY cause I was their Grade 2 teacher as well. I gave all my kids a little card with my email address on it so they can write me if they feel like it. It would be great to stay in touch with them over the years, for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home