*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Day 504: Sorry, Taiwan

So there's been a change in plans with Project Wanderlust.

I was supposed to be going to Taiwan in the first week of August to visit my friends who teach there - Laura in Taipei, and Ryan and Christine in Kaohsiung. Well that's no longer going to happen. I got an email from Laura the other day informing me that she's going to be deported from Taiwan! It's not as bad it sounds, actually. Her work visa is about to expire and her university didn't send the Taiwanese Immigration office some documents soon enough, so she has to leave earlier than originally planned. That means that she'll be gone from Taiwan by the end of July, and I'll miss her entirely.

And then Ryan told me that he's actually going to be in Shanghai the same time I am! Rather than forking out all the extra cash to fly to Kaohsiung, I'm going to spend time with Ryan on the mainland instead. The whole reason for going to Kaohsiung was not to see the city, but to see them, and if I can save myself the time and money and see them in Shanghai instead, then that's even better. I'll use the extra time and money instead somewhere else, probably by adding a week in Indonesia.

So sorry, Taiwan - I won't be visiting you this time around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home