*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Day 499: No Busan

So I woke up at the crack of dawn today (7am!) cause this morning Addie, Katie, and I were supposed to get our butts down to Seoul Station so that we could get on the KTX and fly on down to Busan for the weekend. As part of our 'last weekend away together' we were all really looking forward to it. Unfortunately, this weekend was not meant to be. I got a call at 7:30 from Katie saying that Addie had been up all night sick with migraines and nausea and that she couldn't go. Katie and I hummed and hawed and then decided to just postpone it til next weekend. There's no point just the two of us going.

So there I was, up and showered and all dressed, but with nowhere to go. And what exactly is one supposed to do with themselves at 7:30am on a Saturday? I ended up just dicking around my apartment for a few hours doing nothing productive at all, and then decided that yes, I really do need a haircut quite badly. I went to LaFesta and had to wait til 11am for my salon to open. And then the guy who usually cuts my hair (aka: the only person who hasn't given me a *horrible* haircut in Korea) was busy with another client so I had to get my hair cut by some other dude. I was totally nervous the whole time. I don't trust people in this country to cut my hair! Well the haircut turned out...alright. It's not horrible, but I've had better. I can deal with it, anyway.

Michael and I had lunch at EuroCafe, and then Y-S joined us for coffee at Starbucks around the corner. After that Michael went and met Meghann for a late afternoon snack at an Egyptian restaurant in Itaewon. We hung out with her and her two friends for a bit, and then went to a DVD bang to kill some time before dinner. We watched 'First Daughter', and it really blew. Man, that's two disappointing movies in a row now! After the movie we grabbed some Subway for dinner and then ate with Y-S and two of his friends in Itaewon. And then after dinner we had drinks with Nick, Pauline, and Tim at Bar Nana just down the street. Quite the day of socializing actually!

I went and crashed at Pauline and Tim's and was sooooo tired by 1am. I guess getting up at 7am on a Saturday will do that to ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home