*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Day 493: Phantom

Despite only having a few drinks last night (okay, maybe more than a few...) I woke up today feeling sooooo slow and tired and sluggish and just very unmotivated to do a whole lot. Pauline made some French Toast for breakfast, and then I spent most of the afternoon in the Starbucks in Sinchon just reading my book and relaxing.

Later on I went and met Addie for dinner at Tony Roma's out near Nambu Bus Terminal. It's around the corner from the Seoul Arts Centre and tonight the three of us (Katie too) hav tickets to go and see Phantom Of The Opera!!! Dinner was alright and then it was time to meet up with Katie and go and watch the show.

It ended up being a truly spectacular performance. I love Phantom!! The music, the story, the set, the costumes, the effects....all amazing. The scene where the Phantom drags Christine down into the bowels of the Opera House and they float along the underground canals, filled with clouds of dry ice, glowing green light, and dozens upon dozens of long burning candles rising up out of the fog...wow...it sent chills down my spine. I've actually seen Phantom before but that was way back on the Grade 8 Toronto Trip. The show was even more beautiful than I remembered. All in all, an excellent show that all three of us loved through and through. I'd go and see it again and again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home