*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Day 494: Isabelle

One of the best things about being a teacher... No, actually let me rephrase that... *The* best thing about being a teacher is the really close relationships that you can build with your students. I love all of my children, but some of them you just end up bonding with more than others. With the exception of Brittany who's left to go to an international school in Seoul, all of my Parrots from Season 1 are still in POLY's kindergarten. I see most of them on a regular basis, exchanging hellos and high-fives in the hallway or bathroom.

But the student I miss the most, and who I'm still close to, is Isabelle. She's in the top class and I get to see her almost everyday when she's in line for the bus that's shared with two of my current Parrots. She always gives me a big hug, tells me how much she loves me, and lately she's starting to say "Don't go to Canada, Scott Teacher!" It's so cute and sweet it could break your heart. I'm gonna miss her soooo much when I leave Korea.

And even her mom too! At least once a month or so her mom comes by my classroom to say hello, see how I'm doing, and tell me how much Isabelle still cares for me and how sad she'll be when I leave. She's such a genuinely nice lady and it's always pleasant to talk with her. She's a mom that I'm not afraid of, unlike most of the parents that come in! haha... It's just really cool cause I still feel close to them even though I don't teach Isabelle anymore.

I'll be really sad to say goodbye to both of them when that time comes....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home