*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Day 460: Barbie & Ken

My Korean co-teacher Sonya announced her resignation a few weeks ago, and since then they've been looking for her replacement. Sonya's leaving POLY because she's been really stressed with the job (she's also the Preschool Supervisor besides being the Parrots other teacher) and I'm really gonna miss her. She's a great co-teacher who's wonderful with the kids and really helpful and friendly to me.

Today they told me that they've found the girls who's gonna take her place. And her name is Barbie Teacher. Yes, you read right, Barbie. As in the most famous doll in the world? Yeah, that's the one. Hmmm... If I wasn't curious to meet her before, I *definitely* am now! It's kinda funny the English names that the Korean teachers choose for themselves sometimes. I wonder if she'll live up to the name?

Not that I look like a Ken doll (man, I'd kill for his broad shoulders, washboard stomach, and low-maintenance hairdo), but wouldn't it be really funny if I also changed *my* English name and started to go by the name of Ken? Then we could be Barbie and Ken Teachers! That would be too funny! Haha...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home