*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Day 451: Dirty Dakota

So there's a funny commercial on OCN here in Korea. Well, I don't think it's *meant* to be funny, but with a little extra understanding it kinda is. OCN is a Korean station that plays a lot of English movies and TV shows. I watch it on a regular basis to catch CSI reruns. Well, one of their commercials is a bunch of famous Korean movie and TV actors all saying how much they love OCN. Their slogan is "OCN: Number 1 Channel!" in a very thick Korean accent. A couple of the Korean actors even muster up enough English to spit out the slogan as they smile and give peace signs and thumbs-up to the camera.

Well at the end of the commericial is a little suprise - Dakota Fanning. Yes, that little blond girl who seems to be in every third movie coming out these days (The Cat In The Hat, Uptown Girls, Man Under Fire, War of the Worlds...) Anyway, she spits out this sentence in Korean with this big innocent smile while sitting in her little chair in her cute little dress. I didn't know what it meant until one of my coworkers told me what she's saying. She's saying "I love OCN", but it's not just *any* kind of love... The words that she's using describes a more adult, sexual-like kind of love, sorta like "I love OCN and wanna sleep with it!"

Oh my! Dakota, you dirty little girl!

I'm sure she has no idea of the context of the sentence she was given to say, but now that I know what it means it cracks me up every time I see it. Too funny!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home