*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Day 447: Taxi Backlash

Oh boy, I think the Taxi Driver Gods are getting back at me for writing that nasty entry about how much I hate the taxi drivers in this country the other week!

Meghann came out to Ilsan to feed her iPod and hang out, and then after she went home Addie and I went to LaFesta to hang out for a while. While there it began raining...actually more like pouring!...and we were caught off-guard. It was about 9pm at night and there we were on the street corner, huddling under Addie's little umbrella, trying desperately to hail a cab to go home. Naturally, because of the rain, everybody and their dog were trying to do the same thing!

Addie and I stood out there in the torrential downpour, progressively getting wetter and wetter, but alas virtually no cabs came at all. And when they did they drove right past us and picked up some other Koreans. Argh! This must be the backlash for my entry! They all read it and are now livid at me and so as punishment they left Addie and I to be drowned rats outside of LaFesta.

Finally, after nearly *an hour* of struggling against the angry elements, we caught a cab back to the Village. I certainly got burned tonight. Maybe I need to write some sort of giant formal apology on my blog so that my Taxi Karma is brought to a kinder, gentler, more humane level? Hmmm...that would require swallowing my pride, something I'm not good at. And I still stick to my words that I believe are true - I guess that means I'm destined to finish out my days in Korea with my Taxi Karma Level being forever in the toilet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home