*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Day 440: The Quest For Shoes

After weeks of searching for shoes here in Korea, I've finally given up. I'm just not going to find the shoe style that I'm looking for (a street shoe/hiker hybrid), and even when I do they're not going to have my size. I've decided to just bite the bullet and take a chance by ordering some shoes online. I've seen lots of great models online, so I'll just choose from there and have the sent to my parents so they can mail it to me. And then just hope and pray that they fit my feet!

So this afternoon I went up online and found some amazing shoes from The North Face. My knowledgeable buddy Luke had reccommended some shoes from them and indeed they were exactly what I was looking for. I picked out a great hiker/street shoe as well as an awesome pair of land and water sandals. They came in a variety of colours and were made up to size 16 (and I only take 12). Sweet!

I went to go and order them, but you have to choose a supplier first that North Face deals with. The first one I picked only had up to size 11.5. Isch! So I choose the next one, and suffered the same road block. I went on to the third and even the fourth supplier and NONE of them had either pair of shoes in size 12!! What the fuck!!?? North Face says they exist, so why doesn't anyone have any available?? Seriously, it's like the universe doesn't want me to have new shoes! I can understand not finding any here in Korea, but not being able to get any online!??! That's just fucked up! It's so frustrating it's almost laughable!

Not being one to give up easily, I looked online and saw that there's two stores in Thunder Bay that sell North Face products. Surely they'll have the shoes, and if they don't they can order them in for me. Whatever it takes!!! I'll have to get my parents in on this mission and go down to the store for me. Fingers crossed that this plan (it's like what, Plan J or K by now?) works out! Getting Scotty some half-decent shoes that fit is proving to be harder than the Quest to destroy the ring! Frodo had nothing on me! ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home