*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Day 437: Drive

Unearthed from my dust-covered journals of yesteryear, here's a poem that I wrote for a special somebody a few years back. Not sure why I feel like sharing it now... maybe just to prove that Scotty does, in fact, have a romantic side to him?

"Drive"
March 31, 2003

A cloudless sky on a cold March night
A silent landscape devoid of all man's light

Constellations from afar piercing the smooth and liquid black
Racing forward on a winding highway, no need to look back

Silence between us, but our thoughts are together as one
Leaving city restraints behind, feeling stresses come undone

Neither heading towards, nor running from
Only feeling the now, embracing whatever is to come

No destination in mind, no pre-selected path
No cares about the time, no wondering how long this will last

Just mountain peaks and forests green
No need to explain our reasons for seeking the unseen

Let's just keep on driving, take me somewhere far
I only need to be next to you, I don't care where we are

Let me hold you close, and whisper in your ear
Let me tell you all the things I know you lone to hear

Let me breath your thoughts and make your dreams come true
Let me tell you all my secrets that you never knew

Let's contemplate the universe, let's unravel the mysteries of time
Let's discover all the truths the gods never thought we'd find

There's nowhere else I'd rather be than right here at your side
There's no other hand I'd rather hold than yours to be my guide

A perfect drive on a sleepless night in a moment too good to be real
A peaceful bliss in a lasting memory only we can feel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home