*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Day 435: Good Boys & Girls

Saturday! Yah! :-)

Michael and I went for lunch at that awesome European cafe again (man, it's delicious!) and then went to Itaewon so I could take care of a little business. We went to Xanadu Travel so I could drop off a big wad of cash to pay for (and pick up) my plane ticket to Beijing, as well as drop off my passport so it would be taken to the Chinese Embassy to get a visa. I decided to just suck it up and get a single-entry visa for now, since it's the only option here in Korea and way easier to have my travel agent take care of all the paperwork for it. I can easily get another one once I get to Hong Kong so that I can get back into mainland China later on.

After a coffee break we headed back to Michael's area of town to pick up Miss Meghann and go to Carrefour to do a major grocery run. Mikey and Meghann are cooking up a dinner party for some friends tonight at Michael's place and they needed to get the food for it. Grocery shopping in Korea is an excrutiating experience, at its best. At least it is on the weekends, when the major grocery stores become ridiculously crowded with Korean families fighting each other in the aisles to get their weekly food supply. It's madness, I tell ya!

The dinner party ended up being a great time. There was the three of us, plus Addie, Katie, and Ailish. We had a delicious roast chicken dinner with potatoes and carrots, and well as some pretty darn amazing pasta salad and bread courtesy of our new favourite cafe. Major yum!! Unlike some of our most recent dinner in-home engagements, this evening was quite tame. We just sat around and chatted, and then watched Mean Girls and EuroTrip. Good times all around!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home