*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Monday, April 25, 2005

Day 426: Still Crying...

And she's still crying...and screaming...and sobbing...

Judy's become an unstoppable crying machine and I've completely lost my patience. The first it was cause she had a sore stomach, the second cause she didn't like her nickname, and today it was cause she was missing her mom or something. FUCK!!! Enough is enough! This child needs to learn that crying all day (and I'm talking continuously here) is not okay and that this has got to stop. With no solid explanation as to why this is happening (according to her mom this is just "what she does sometimes") I've lost all sympathy. It's gotta be a cry for attention/power struggle thing cause she doesn't seem to have any reason. I've tried talking to her, Sonya's tried soothing her in Korean, my Director yelled at her to try and get her to shape up... Her Mom even came in today to drop her off/help her get into class and she just ended up screaming at her mom and pushing her away. What the fuck?

And all this fuss from a child who a week ago was my star student. She used to be one of my brightest students, and my most well-behaved and polite by far. She always just sat and did her work quietly, helped out with me during class time, and never spoke a lick of Korean. She was the kind of student that all teachers wish their entire class was like. Now she's this little holy terror bent on hell on earth. She's even started to throw tamper tantrums in the classroom and halls, kicking and hitting teachers!

Honestly, I feel like I'm going to snap. You can't imagine how frustrating it is trying to maintain clasroom order and teach lessons to the rest of the class when she's pulling this shit. Sonya's at wits end as well, and her mom has been pretty much useless in trying to help improve the sitatuation. Once again another Korean family where the five-year old wears the pants and controls the decisions of the parents. I don't even know what to do anymore. I can't keep her in the class cause she just screams and disrupts everything, but taking her out of the classroom (Sonya) just takes Sonya away from her own busy workload, and confirms to Judy that she can get what she wants by screaming. She's also falling behind in Phonics class now. I mean, the point of schol is to be LEARNING, not to hang out in the library and hallway and Korean staff room all day.

Seriously, I'm gonna pull out my hair...or jump out the classroom window...or something!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home