*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Day 442: The Heat Is On

"The heat is on...it's on the street...."

That ain't just a Glenn Fry song baby, I be speaking the truth! Today was a bloody hot day! And I mean H-O-T! It's sizzlin' in Seoul on this smokin' Saturday! The mercury climbed up all the way to 29 C today, and with the humidity factored in I'm sure it was well into the 30's! Ouch!!! And it's only April 29! Does this mean that the summer heat has arrived already? Goodbye Spring, Hello Summer!!?? Wow...spring lasted about...87 seconds this year...

Chances are today's heat stroke-o-rama is just a temporary rise in the thermometer. I mean I love the warm weather and all, but it's just that none of us were prepared for it at all. I met up with Michael for lunch in Itaewon (after picking up my passport avec Chinese visa - sweet!!) and we decided to enjoy a meal on the rooftop terrace of Nashville (where I had my birthday party!) We had a nice lunch outdoors and just couldn't get over the heat. It was unbelievable!

After lunch we went and did some shopping in Sinchon (I actually bought something, two shirts from StarMarket) and then attempted to cool down in a nearby Starbucks. After our coffee break we went back to his place to drop off our bags and clean up for the evening. We took the train back into the city and had an awesome dinner at that uber-yummy Indian restaurant in Dondaemun that I ate at a few weeks ago. Man does that place ever serve up some great food!

My ol' buddy Mark from Shihung is going back to America for a bit next week so tonight there was a big going away shin-dig for him in Sinchon. So it was back to Sinchon again to meet up with the Shihung gang for drinks. We first weht to this Black Sabbath bar that played nothing but 70's and 80's metal rock. Sounds like it could be fun but it was actually quite annoying. Let's change venues! And so it was off to The Bar. After my last strange visit I was a little worried about what the scene might be like there tonight, but luckily it was back to being the good ol' Bar that it always is. Yah! This place is my rock! I've never had quite a relationship with a place that serves up alcohol as I do with this one. It's a part of me, I'm a part of it... Oh boy, maybe I spend too much time here?

I hit The Wall just after 3am and then it was time for bed. What a busy day today was! And so very, very hot! I wonder if tomorrow will be the same...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home