*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Day 453: Stop Violence In The Workplace!

Yes, if you can believe it, Judy is STILL doing her on-again, off-again crying! And yes, it's been a month now! Well, they always say 'save the best for last', and today Judy did just that. This morning was the New Year's Eve Millennium 2000 of fireworks displays. Or, as I am now referring it as, "The Day I Fought The Judy, And The Judy Won!"

We were about two minutes into Phonics this morning when Judy started her usual crying routine. Well I just kept proceeding forward as usual, trying to ignore her. Well she started to get louder, and then started to make her way for the door. Knowing where this will lead (to poor Sonya having to take care of her all morning as she sobs in the hallway or library) I decided to put my foot down and say "Fuck you, little bitch, and enough of all your bullshit!" Now, as a respectable educator, I naturally would never ever say something like that, as tempting as it would be... I decided to block her from leaving and MAKE her sit down, no matter what I had to do.

Well she just tried to go around me and then out the door, so I stood right against the door, blocked her from opening it, and very, very firmly told her to sit down. This is when the gates of hell opened up and Judy unleashed a fury comparable only to Armageddon. She started screaming at the top of her lungs, but I just kept repeating "No!" as she tried to get around me. Realizing that my physical presence was the only thing stopping her from her getaway, she began to yell even louder, push, and then kick and hit me! I've never ever been hit by a child before, and not that it hurt but it shocked the hell out of me. I was firm in my assertion, and she was firm in her vocal weaponry. It was a stalemate. All the while the other 11 Parrots were sitting shocked and stunned in their seats, fascinated yet frightened by the showdown before them.

This went on for a good ten minutes or so until Sonya showed up. I didn't want to back down to Judy to prove to her that I'm the teacher and that as a student she needs to listen. I was partly disappointed that when Sonya came she took Judy away (and therefore she "won") but also relieved that she was out of my sight. After the morning ended I went and had a meeting with my boss telling him that enough was enough. My patience was through. It's been a month now, and really, what are we waiting for? We had pondered the idea of giving her the boot, let's just do it. 'Bye bye, Judy!' is what I say! My nerves, patience, and sanity are all pretty much gone. We've exhausted all our ideas for helping her, she doesn't listen to anyone, too much time has passed with this bullshit. I've had enough!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say sick your mother (Janis) on her. She will whip her into a nice normal child in about ten minutes.

5:07 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has anyone thought that she may be getting abused at home?

2:58 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home