*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Day 457: A Great Discovery

So Addie made the best discovery this weekend! She found a new Western restaurant for us to eat at, and it's in everyone's favourite neighbourhood in Seoul - Sinchon. She saw that they just opened up a Ruby Tuesday! Now I've never even seen a Ruby Tuesday before, much less eaten at one, but hey - an alternative to our usual and getting-boring TGI Fridays/Outback/Bennigan's circuit? I'm so there!

We went there for dinner tonight, and it was nothing short of amazing! The first thing that blew us away was the fact that we were served by...two white chicks! Whoa! Stop the bus! Where the hell are we? The last time I was served by Caucasians was back in Canada in February of 2004, and it shocked the hell out of me. The servers could see our surprised reactions, and so they told us that they're in town cause they're trainers hired from America to fly in and help train the staff and open the new restaurant. Cool.

The menu itself was a sight for sore eyes. It may have been all in Korean, but there were so many incredibly delicious choices it was really hard for me to pick what I wanted. Normally when I go to a restaurant here in Korea there's myabe like three or four items top that I could maybe feel like ordering. Here, there were at least a dozen or so delectable meals jumping off the page begging to be ordered. And that's just plain awesome!

And then when the meal came....oh baby! You should've heard the moans that were coming out of my mouth! I ended up ordering the Church Street Stacker and it was unbelievably good. It was a bed of mashed potatoes (MASHED POTATOES!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW NON-EXISTENT THOSE ARE HERE!!!) with sauteed mushrooms, a big juicy chicken breast smothered in swiss cheese, and then topped with two crispy onion rings. All this surrounded by fresh steamed broccoli and a slice of garlic toast. Oh man! Heaven!!

On the way out Addie and couldn't stop raving about the place and promised ourselves to be back there soon, and often. I was so excited about our new discovery that I even likened it to being *at least* on par with the discovery of the Americas! Thank you, Ruby Tuesday! You've got two new best friends now! ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home