*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Day 381: Meet The Parents

So today was Meet The Parents Day at POLY, or I guess for all the parents, it would be Meet The Teacher Day! All of the parents of the new Preschoolers were coming down for a little presentation from our Director, and would then have the chance to check out their child's new classroom - and me. It was a little nerve-racking as I wasn't exactly prepared for it, and didn't know what to expect.

It actually went really well. First during the assembly in the library they brought all of us teachers up on stage to introduce us to all the parents, and that was a little weird to have all these EYES staring at you. Chang was speaking completely in Korean and the only thing we recognized was when he said our names. It was sorta like being up on display, like we were up for auction, only the classroom decisions had already been made. The kids who've been slated to be in the Parrots class are already mine, no turning back now!

After the presentation everybody went into their respective classrooms. All the parents of the new crop of Parrots came in and I got to (briefly) meet all 12 of my new kids. I have seven boys and five girls, and they're all absolutely adorable - and so tiny!! I realized how much my kids had grown in the eight months I had been their teacher. This new batch looked so scared and so small in comparsion...

All of the parents seemed really nice (shy as usual) but a few of them talked to me. Sonya is my new Korean co-teacher and she's awesome. I think it's gonna be a great year. We'll see how things go on Day 1 of the new school year which begins on Wednesday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home