*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Day 379: Movin' Out

I slept in this morning and then went over to Addie's place to help her move. Addie's moving into a new apartment, but it certainly isn't a far move. In fact, it's just across the hall from her old place! Sally & Jay's last day was last week and so their big giant apartment came available. Addie jumped on the chance to move out of 'The Triangle' that is her tiny apartment, and I said I'd help her out. With just the moving of a few key pieces of personal furniture, it was done before you know it. Our apartments come furnished so nothing major like fridges or beds had to be moved.

It's funny cause between Addie, Katie, and myself, we've all each lived in two different apartments while here in Korea. And all for very different reasons, too. This is unusual cause most foreigners live in only one place for their year in Korea. Few rarely get the opportunity/need the reason to move. I guess us three are exceptions to the rule.

It's weird to see Addie's personal stuff in Sally & Jay's place. I spent a lot of time over there, namely with watching Survivor and The Apprentice every night. And now it's Addie's. It looks the same...sorta...but everything's re-arranged and the decorations have changed. It was sorta like when I moved into Brad's place, and then transformed it to make it my own. Life here is often like being on a TV show. The show and the setting stays the same, but the characters come and go on the same sets. Sorta like when Rachel & Monica traded apartments with Joey & Chandler, our TV show also likes to please the viewers by staying on familiar turf. Just think - in a few months my time on the show will be finished, and a new actor will replace me and move into my apartment. Oh, if these walls could talk, all the English Teacher stories they'd tell!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home