*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Day 376: An Icy Ride

Today was my last day with the Parrots! *sniff sniff*

Kindergarten doesn't begin until next Wednesday but the teachers all need time to prepare for the new school year. It was weird being in the classroom with the kids knowing that today was going to be the last time that they'd all be mine. Next time I saw them they'd be all split up into different classes with new teachers. It was kinda sad actually. I've grown really attached to these kids and really do love them. After being their teacher for almost eight months I feel like I've really bonded with them. Oh well, I'll miss them but at least I'll still get to see them around the school. Don't forget me, Parrots!

After work today I had a very scary ride home. Peter was coming over again to take another look at my computer (the technical difficulties just keep on going...) We were both leaving work at the same time and since he was heading straight to my place he offered to give me a ride home on his motorbike.

I hesitated a long time and wasn't too sure about it. It would certainly be faster, but I'm scared of motorbikes (even though I've ridden on Chris' before) and plus it was really cold outside. A ride home on the back of one of those things must be awfully chilly. Well Peter convined me to hop on and just hold on tight cause we'd be home that much faster.

So there I was again, somehow I managed to get myself onto one of those crazy machines and we were flying through the streets of Ilsan. And once again I didn't have a helmet and all I could think about was how icy the roads were cause of the weather and that this machine was just a death trap waiting to happen. No accidents took place, but it was goddamn freezing!!! I tried to hide my face behind his helmet as we rode along cause I swear that my face had frozen and that icy chunks of it were breaking off and flying onto the road. It was that bloody cold!!

We made it home safe and sound and it did take me a few minutes to thaw my face back to life again, but it was thrilling nonetheless. (I just prefer summer time when it comes to riding dangerously along on a bike through the mayhem-filled streets of Korea!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home