*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Day 367: One Year Already???

Today is Monday, February 14th, 2005!

And today is my ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY of being here in Korea!

Wow!!! I can't believe that I moved to Korea exactly one year ago! Man, time flies by so fast!!!

If I've been keeping a journal for every day that I've been here, then why is today Day 367 and not Day 365? Oh, last year was a Leap Year...maybe that threw it off? I dunno...the math doesn't make sense to me!

Also, Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! And HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY MOM!!!

Wow! Today is a big day for everyone all around it seems!

Seriously though, it's hard to imagine that that much time has passed. I still remember getting on that AirCanada plane back in Vancouver and thinking that a year away was going to be soooo long. How was I going to last for an entire year on my own in a foreign country? It was as equally exciting as it was frightening at that moment, but now I look back and it was a breeze. (And without doubt the fastest year of my life.)

Okay sure there were some major bumps along the way, namely in the form of a greedy fucked-up former boss, but otherwise it's been the ultimate adventure of a lifetime! I've been able to pack in so many experiences and memories into one single year that it's hard to comprehend. Just think, in one year I've worked at two different schools, added four new stamps to my passport, gone river-rafting, hiking, and camping, hiked volcanoes on Jeju Island, got tossed around by girls in bikinis at mud festivals, participated on a game show on television, consumed more than my fair share of alcohol in countless bars and clubs, met many amazing people from all over the world, practiced meditation with monks at a Buddhist temple, ridden crazy motorcycles and upside-down rollercoasters all for the first time, impersonated Harry Potter, sang and danced and mimed for children of all ages, gazed upon Communist North Korea, wandered amongst the skyscrapers and markets of Hong Kong, swam in tropical waters in Boracay, ridden high-speed trains cross-country, meandered through historic palaces, temples, and old neighbourhoods all over Seoul, and even eaten (and grown to love) kimchi!

What an incredible year!!!

Just think of what lies in the year ahead! Stay tuned for more amazing adventures here in my blog. Let's all chant together now: "Long live The S2H World Tour!" :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home