*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Friday, February 18, 2005

Day 359: Playing Host

I received a really fantastic compliment tonight from Pauline.

She's been staying with me for over a week now and keeps meaning to move on to go and stay with Nick and Angele in Seoul, but keeps putting it off. Another day goes by and still she finds another excuse to stay with me a bit longer. She's been fantastic company and I love having her around so I've been really enjoying this. Anyway, we were joking about that tonight, and then she said "I keep meaning to go, but I'm just *so* comfortable here!" Awww, thanks Pauline! You just made my day!

I've learned a lot of great lessons about life from my two wonderful parents. One particular lesson that I learned from my mom was the importance of being a good host. My mom has always been a really fantastic host. She throws together these spectacular dinner parties and camp BBQ's and family reunions and all other kinds of amazing events. And her guests are always well-fed and entertained and continually having fun and comfortable. Anyone who ever stays at our place leaves feeling happy and well-rested and in great spirits. That's my mom for you!

I picked up on this when I was little and so ever since I've moved out on my own into the world, whenever I have guests over I always try to make them feel as comfortable as possible. And I think Pauline's comment tonight verified that I've been fairly successful in that mission. Thank you Pauline, and thank you Mom for teaching me something so handy and worthwhile! :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Benoit said...

It is true that you are a good host Scottie ;)

9:59 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home