*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Friday, February 18, 2005

Day 358: The New Math

Here's The New Math:

3 Birthday Parties

+

1 Crazy Evening

=

2 Much Drunken Fun!

My social calendar outdid itself tonight. I had *three* birthday parties falling all on one single evening. Can you believe it!?? Now unless Hermione lends me her Time Turner I have no idea how I'm going to be able to be in three different parties all on the same night...

Well Miss Hogwartz Smarty Pants didn't feel like sharing that night, so I had to come up with my own solution. I split up my evening into three 'shifts', and would just have to travel *really* fast inbetween the parties so that I could maximize my time spent with my celebrating friends. I'm up for the challenge! I can do it!

Party #1 was Addie's Birthday Party, and that consisted of a really lovely dinner at 'Our Place' in Itaewon. I had just eaten there a week ago with my other friends, but it was a fantastic meal nonetheless. It was a nice meal of eating and socializing and just enjoying the quiet atmosphere. Happy Birthday Addie!

After dinner ended I actually had some time to kill before I was off to Hongdae for Party #2. I jumped on the subway and made my way over to a restaurant called Carne Station to help Ailish celebrate her birthday. I'm thankful that I had missed dinner here, as this restaurant is bascially a meat-lover's paradise and was dripping with animal carnage everywhere. For a relatively small fee you get open access to their 'all meat' buffet - and their liquer cabinet! Everyone there was completely sloshed and covered in blood and bits of farm animal carcass. But I got to see Mark and Chris and Emma, and of course Miss Ailo herself!

After things wrapped up there we all moved as a group to a bar called Timpan not far up the road. It was my first time there and was a really cool place. A spacious, relaxed bar cranking out 80's hit after 80's hit - sounds like my kinda place! I went up to the bar and who did I run into? Why it was Chris and Tim from work and their buddy Laz. Right on! I still hadn't had a sip of alcohol yet, but that quickly changed as Laz bought a round of tequila shots for all four of us. Whew, what a way to start the drinking portion of the night! I spent another hour or so there and then it was time to dash off again.

Party #3 was for Pauline's birthday, and it was at The Bar in Sincheon. Another party, another bar, another neighbourhood of the city! There I met up with Pauline, Jake, Shannon, Lorraine, Paul, Mijin, other Paul, and some of his friends visiting. It was a fun night full of A LOT of gin n tonic, silly dancing to great music, and watching drunk girls make out with each other. Oh those crazy, drunken weguks!

Time flies when you're having fun and before I knew it, it was 3:30am and we were all very drunk and crashing quickly. I caught a cab home with Pauline, Paul, and Mijin and we had some rather interesting and surprisingly intellectual discussions about the existence of God and the presence of religion in our childhoods and the corresponding absence of it now that we're all adults. Gotta love drunken conversations!

It was a fantastic night, and a new personal record for the number of birthday parties in one night for me. Mission accomplished, baby! Scotty pulled it off with flying colours! (But did you ever have any doubt?) ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home