*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Day 348: Sledding

Today was such a great day. For this month's field trip we took all the Preschool and Kindergarten kids tobogganning! Now there's no snow on the ground here in Korea, but on a few hilly areas here they've been making artificial snow so that little sledding runs can be built for the kids. The place that we went to was right next to this golfing centre where underneath the giant net for catching golf balls are some really small hills are ideal sledding places for small children.

The little runs were packed with kids from other schools too (of course, cause what isn't crowded in Korea?) but our school soon claimed one of them as our own. I spent the entire morning at the top of the hill helping the little gaffers get into their sleds, reassuring them that they weren't going to die when they went down, and then giving them a little push. It was so much fun and the kids were adorable all bundled up in their snow outfits. They had a blast and it really was a truly wonderful day. I got to know a lot of the Kindergarteners and it was fun to hang out too with students that weren't my own.

It's days like this that remind me how much I LOVE kids! I never realized how much I love children until Korea and I really can't wait for the day when I have my own. Well, okay yes I can wait - I don't want them now. But I know that when that time in my life does come I'm gonna be the best dad ever. It was a fun-filled snowy morning that went all too fast and I was as disappointed as the kids were when it was time to go back to school.
There's nothing like a morning full of sledding to bring out the kid in you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home