*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Day 345: Sleep-a-thon

We were all in bed pretty early last night - lights out at about 11:30pm. We were all really exhausted from our full day out skiing, and plus because we had woken up so early on Saturday morning, we were all rather sleep-deprived. I slept like a log that night, and when the wake-up call came at 7:30am again for all of us to get ready for morning skiing, I chose being a lazy bum instead of a ski bum...

Angele and I had kinda been on the fence about waking up really early to go skiing again on Sunday, just cause we were both really out-of-practice and pretty sore from Saturday's alpine adventures. Skiing was a blast on Saturday, but suddenly the idea of pulling myself out of my warm nest to put on some damp heavy ski gear and get up on those crowded slopes again didn't sound as appealing anymore...

Angele, Michael, and I stayed back and the other three went their merry way back to the hill. I think I made the right decision, cause I was *so tired* that I actually slept in until 10:30am! That put me at a full eleven-hour sleep! Wow!! That's the longest sleep I've had in many years actually. I must've been REALLY tired!

And it felt absolutely wonderful. Eventually when Angele and I dragged our asses out of our respective bed nests the three of us just lounged around the floor having breakfast with Mikey and chatting for a while. Being active and energetic is fun, but dammit sure is doing absolutely nothing on a sleepy Sunday morning! And even then we only had like an hour or two and then it was time to go and pick up Nick again to head on back home.

We said goodbye to Sebastian and Bobby, picked up Nick, dropped off all our equipment, and then drove on home back to the city. It was 10 C today and another clear blue sky day. We took the scenic way home cause the traffic on the expressways was pretty bad and had a really nice time in the car. And I actually got home at a half-decent hour too. All in all, a pretty awesome weekend! :-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WAKE UP! we have been sleeping for a week now

11:39 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

5:22 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home