*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Day 337: The Free Ride's Over

Someone once said "there's no such thing as a free lunch." Well you can add on to that one now. It should now be "there's no such thing as a free lunch, or a free cell phone."

Yep, as you can guess, the free ride's over with my once 'magically free!' cell phone. The piper came by to collect the payback shoe that he dropped into my lap. Actually it's more like the party ended and wouldn't start up again until I wiped off the piper's dropped payback shoe, politely handed it back to him, and then paid him off. *sigh*

My cell phone had stopped working one day back in the last week just before Christmas holidays. After six months of free usage (interrupted by having three months of no battery and therefore no cell phone) it suddenly just gave out and stopped working on me. Whoever had been paying that bill all along had finally clued in, I guess, and put an end to my FREEdom. I kept hoping that it would just miraculously come back on again one day, but alas, those futile dreams never came to fruition.

While shopping in Myongdong today Michael finally talked some sense into me and made me realize that the *only* way that baby was gonna come back to life was if I put in a little juice, courtesy of my wallet. Alright alright alright - time to officially accept defeat and go and pay that bill. Well, it turns out the bill was A LOT bigger than I thought it was going to be. It came out to 119,000 Won!!! Ouch!! Turns out that my bill actually hadn't been paid AT ALL since June. Ahhhh....suddenly that all makes sense - no wonder it's so bloody expensive! Well, actually that's only like $140 Cdn for like six months of usage so I guess that isn't too bad if you do the math. Still, it was a big hit to take to the ol' leather money-holder, the same one that gets too much of a workout these days anyways.

So I paid off that bill and instantly she was up awake and purring in my hand again, this time with the artificial life blood of my own money. So much for my amazing free phone! Well, it had been fun while it lasted! ;-)


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

karma caught up...im still waiting for mine i still have full cable that im not paying for! hehe B.

1:17 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home