*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Day 334: Froth This!

So I got a package in the mail today...something I was not expecting at all! I had already received my Christmas package from my parents....who could this be from? Why it's from my good friend Alicia in Seattle!!! WOW!

I opened it up and was thrilled to see a coffee maker, complete with two glasses, two spoons, and an electric milk frother! And even better, inside the package was a bag of espresso! Real espresso! And not just any espresso, but organic, shade-grown, fair-trade espresso! Man, it doesn't get any better than this! I LOVE coffee! How did she know? (oh yeah, I worked at a coffee house for four years before coming to Korea!)

It was such a sweet and generous present, and truly one that I was not expecting at all. And what a thoughful gift! The coffee in Korea is absolute shite and I've been missing having good coffee for the last eleven months. The only half-decent coffee that can be found in this country is at Starbucks, and it's bloody expensive! (I can get a full meal at a Korean restaurant for *less* than the cost of a grande mocha here!) Now I can whip up some gourmet caffeine-oriented drinks of my own, thanks to the fabulous Miss Alicia.

A big thank you goes out to Alicia! You rock my world!!! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home