*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Monday, January 10, 2005

Day 327: Pieces Of Home

I got an awesome surprise in the mail today - a belated Christmas package from my family back home!

Actually it wasn't a surprise as I knew it was coming, but nonetheless I was pretty excited when it finally arrived. I waited until I got home to open it, and the contents were pretty awesome. I had two CD's (Shania's Greatest Hits, and the Will & Grace soundtrack), some of my favourite chocolates (Toblerone - a holiday classic if there ever was one for me), some new socks and underwear (so desperately needed), a stack of magazines (my subscription to National Geographic), a cool witty Canadian calendar, some of my fave Happy bodywash, and the treat of all treats, a stack of burned CD mixes that my sister made for me!

I'm a total music junkie, as is my sister Janelle, and we both have an obsession with burning the ultimate mixed CD's. Well she's got one of her own now, and so she burned me *EIGHT* mixed CD's! How awesome is that! I'll have plenty of musical material to keep my humming for a while (and of course, Janelle, you know that this is just going to whet my appetite for even more, eventually! ha!)

It was great to get a package full of pieces of home. Stuff that my family put together just for me, and was touched by them and in their loving presence, made it all the way across the globe in one little cardboard box. It made me feel closer to them just opening it, as cheesy as that sounds. Thank you Mom, Dad, Janelle, Auntie, and the Streys for the great presents! I love all you guys and miss you very much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home