*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Day 314: The Big Day

Lights, Camera, Action!

"Good morning! My name is Scott-Teacher, and today I have the pleasure of being your host for the 2004 Poly Preschool Christmas Concert!"

Today was The Big Day, the day that we've been prepping and pushing and preparing and practicing for weeks now, all in anticipation of this one cosmic theatrical climax! Surprisingly I was less nervous today, and in the end I had nothing to be nervous about.

The show went off like clockwork! Everything was smooth and on time, all the classes were ready, and the kids absolutely adorable in their little Christmas outfits up on stage. The Parrots class was #3 outta 5 and they did a fantastic job. They were sooooo cute up there, in their little white shirts and black pants, with the boys wearing red and green ties while the girls had little red and green bows on, and all the kids had these festive tinsel bracelets.... And they sang and danced their little hearts out....some of them were shy but overall they were amazing. I couldn't have been any more proud! I felt like I was a parent and all these kids were my own! Aww shucks, I'm getting all teary-eyed now! ;-)

After the singing a few kids were some classes did individual performances, and they were really cute as well. A couple gave speeches or sang songs, two played violin, others did Taekwondo, and two of my kids did shows too. David put on a magic show that was cuter than cute could be, and little Isabelle, who was too nervous and cried the first time she tried to go on stage by herself, told the Snow White story complete with little songs in the middle of the story that her mom had made up for her. It was so cute!!!

It was such a huge relief to have that finished and over with, and all the bosses said I did a good job which is GREAT for me to hear. Wow, so much work for just one little hour and a half show! God almighty I'm so ready for a vacation! Thankfully the afternoon was test day which means I just sit and babysit while they write, and I was really appreciative of that. Only two more days to go baby!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home