*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Day 304: Not Looking So Good

Dmitri is not looking so good these days, and I'm convinced he's on his way to The Big Pond In The Sky. Now I know I've been saying that since July when I was certain that I had killed him like a hundred times over the summer, but this time it really does look like it.

He's all slow and bloated now. He's less perky and responsive to feeding time. And his colour, in the last few days, has been changing too. He's normally a deep purple with crimson streaks, but now his tummy is all fat and beigish. It almost looks like he's pregnant which is impossible cause he's male and lives alone (as if I actually know his sex.) He's definitely not looking healthy at all.

I don't know if it's something I did or if it's just cause he's old. I mean how long do these fish live for anyways? He was Brad's and so he's gotta be at least a year old. Fish are persnickety creatures at best - a slight change in water temperature or chemical make-up and they go belly-up. He's lasted a while but I'll feel bad if he dies. Not only will I miss the lil guy, but I'll feel like I failed Brad too!

Oh Dmitri, hang in there buddy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home