*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Day 300: Courting Christmas

Tonight was an awesome night!

It was Thursday night, which is our usual dinner party/game night. Tonight, however, we decided to do something a little different. We met Michael and Young-Suk (Michael's current beau) at LaFesta and had a really yummy dinner out at Ho Lee Chow. Ho Lee Chow is an American-Chinese chain and although it's a little on the expensive side, is totally yummy and the perfect fix for when you're craving Western-style Chinese food.

And after dinner we went and had Christmas Norabang! Norabangs are singing rooms, kinda like karaoke only it's just you and your friends in your own private little room. You've got two mikes, a couple giant tv screens, a thick book stacked full of song choices, and a disco ball to get you in the mood. We sang all Christmas carols and it got all of us in such the holiday spirit! It's hard sometimes to get into the holiday mood when you're away from your family and friends and home country (and snow) but tonight we were definitely feeling the Christmas vibe! Now I don't sing myself (unless I'm horribly drunk, in which I do a great imitation of a dying cat in heat being eaten alive by another dying cat in heat) but it was great to just sit and watch and listen to my talented friends belt it out. They even sang "Last Christmas" for me which is my personal fave Christmas song (well, that and "All I Want For Christmas Is You") Good times!

Considering how far I am from home, and that Christmas isn't that big a deal in Korea (well, not nearly on the scale it is back home anyway), things have been especially...festive...in my life lately. Between holiday gift-wrapping, practicing Jingle Bell Rock everyday with the Parrots, and then tonight's carol singing, I'm definitely excited about the holidays now. I'll be spending Christmas in tropical paradise this year on Boracay which will be a surreal, un-Christmas experience in itself, but nonetheless it is, indeed, beginning to look (and feel) a lot like Christmas.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home