*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Monday, December 13, 2004

Day 297: Guilty Pleasures

Now most of you may already know this, but in case you don't, I'm a huge sucker for stupid cheesy teen movies. Can't Hardly Wait. She's All That. Clueless. Ten Things I Hate About You. The Princess Diaries. Chasing Liberty. Mean Girls. Coyote Ugly. They're all bad, and yet I love them all. They're bad in a good way, I guess you could say, and as much as the university-educated, media-savvy, left-leaning, fiercely intellectual (on a good day) adult male in me tries to resist, I give in every time (twist my rubber arm.)

And the stupidest and cheesiest and teeniest guiltiest of all pleasures, for me, is Bring It On. God I love that movie! I could watch it a thousand times over and over and never get tired of it. It's awesome. It's funny. And watching it always puts me in a great, energetic mood. :-)

Addie's as much of a fan of it as I am, and we recently introduced Katie to Bring It On for the first time and she loved it too. And so tonight we decided to commit the most mortal of all sins - we went to a DVD bang and watchted the *straight-to-video* sequel to this movie. (all hope for me is now officially lost.)

There's definitely a reason this movie didn't get played in the theatres. Cause it sucks!!! We knew that it wasn't going to come close to the splendorous fromage of the first one, but it was still a big disappointment. And it wasn't even like we just rented it and watched it at home - we went and saw it on the 'little big screen' at a DVD bang! Argh how dumb are we! LOL

So yeah, lesson of the day, if you love Bring It On as much as I do (or even half or a quarter or 6.47% as much as I do) don't bother renting this movie. Trust me - there'll be no cheers coming from you when it's over (except for maybe the fact that it's over!) haha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home