*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Day 288: Webcams & Ouija Boards

Nick and Angele hosted a Cranium Party tonight of their, and it was a lot of fun. It was Saturday and none of us felt like going out to the bar so a Game Night in with a bunch of friends and a few bottles of wine seemed like a truly fantastic idea. Michael and I went over to hang with Nick and Angele as well as Meghann, Chris, and Kim who were all at Angele's birthday party last weekend.

Cranium was a lot of fun and we had some great tunes going on too. Later on, around 2am or so, I went on their computer and decided to check into Messenger for a minute. Well my good friend Cindy in Thunder Bay was online and since Nick and Angele have a webcam, I decided to chat with her on there for a bit. I don't have a webcam of my own and really wish I did cause they're so cool! It was awesome to be able to SEE my friend as I was talking to her and it just made the connection seem so much more...human. It actually didn't seem like she was thousands and thousands of kilometres away, on the far side of the globe. We were able to make silly faces, give virtual hugs and kisses, and I even showed off some Korean laundry detergent to her (I wanted to show her something Korean to prove that I wasn't in an English-speaking country!) It was great fun! I really do need to get a webcam for my home computer!

Later on during the party we decided to break out the Ouija Board, for reasons that I cannot even remember. Actually Nick and Angele don't own one so we MADE one using cardboard, a marker, and a strange triangular-shaped rock from a Korean island. Say what you will about Ouija Boards, I'm a skeptic myself, but there's some things in life that just can't always be clearly understood or easily explained. The eerie actions that I've seen a Ouija Board do in the past definitely falls into that Strange category, and tonight was no exception. That rock was *flying* back and forth across that board, and all of us SWORE that we weren't pushing the damn thing. It wasn't spelling anything sensical, but the movement and specific direction of that rock was startling to say the least. We tried asking numerous spirits several questions, but couldn't get any actual answers out of the board - just a lot of fast and intense movement via the rock. It was actually starting to freak us out a little so we had to stop.

And NO I was not drunk! I was actually completely sober and so this wasn't some alcohol-induced delerium or anything like that. I'm skeptical but at the same time desperately curious about the supernatural. I've lived in two haunted houses in my life but have had little contact with the Unknown. Part of me really wants to know more, and part of me thinks that maybe ignorance is bliss. Are some things in life (and death?) just not meant for us humans to know? Are some rocks just best left unturned and undisturbed?

1 Comments:

Blogger Benoit said...

yeah like we don't know what you will actually use the webcam for lol lol ! And to play ouija in Korea, don't you have to speak Korean? :P

6:25 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home