*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Day 292: Kings Of Air Guitar

I know I've said this a thousand times before, and you're probably all sick of reading this, but my Parrots really are the cutest kids in the world! And if you were in my class today with them you totally would have agreed.

I play my own music during Activity time at school, and have recently been playing the 'Love Actually' soundtrack. It's a great soundtrack, and my kids enjoy it too. Especially Track 1. A LOT! Track 1 is "Jump" by Girls Aloud (it's a cover of the 1980's Pointer Sisters' hit "Jump For My Love") and is a TON of fun!

Well when that song came on today my kids put on a little performance for me, one of which I honestly did not train them to do. The song has quite a strong beat, and they all started to bob their heads in unison. They were giggling and bobbing along and it really was quite adorable. Well suddenly Hae Keun, Andy, and Brian got up out of their chairs and started to play *AIR GUITAR!* I have no idea where they learned this but it was hilaroius!

And then David got up and started to pretend he was a crazy drummer, and then Isabelle and Grace got up and began to dance like MTV back-up dance girls, grooving along to the song with the boys. I started laughing uncontrollably and then at this point the rest of the class got out of their seats and danced along as well. God, I wish I had a video camera!

My kids now do this every time this song comes on, and I've allowed it to be our "crazy dance song". Normally they aren't allowed to do this during class time but it's so cute and completely hilarious that I can't say no. I've even brought in other teachers to watch them rock out to air guitar for 'Jump.' You really gotta see it to believe it! I feel like my class is, during this song, is like Jack Black's "School of Rock", only it's all 'air instruments!' Too cool!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home