*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Day 310: Bye Bye Itaewon

Another morning of sleeping in...only I unfortunately woke up to a bitch of a headache today. I didn't even drink all that much last night, nor was I mixing drinks, so I don't know why I felt so crappy. Hangovers suck! It was a bit of a sad morning in some ways - this would be my last weekend at Michael's place in Itaewon. In a few days he's moving to a brand new officetel apartment way out in Guro on the south side of the Han River and so there'll be no more weekends for me in Itaewon.

Michael and I both have a love-hate relationship with Itaewon. We love it for its centrality and convenience and it has the best variety of restaurants in Seoul and some half-decent shopping and clubs too - but it's also dirty and covered with arrogant, obnoxious, abrasive GI's running around, drunk 90% of the time, and that gets really old, really fast. His new pad is supposed to be kinda far out, but a really awesome place. I haven't seen it yet but Michael says it's like twice the size of his current place, and comes with a washer AND DRYER, a bloody dishwasher (lucky bastard), and the gem of all gems - a Western-style shower!!! Man, I'm totally gonna abuse those appliances every chance I get! ha!

This afternoon we went and saw 'The Incredibles' and I really loved the movie. It was witty and funny and definitely entertaining. A cartoon definitely made for adults, not kids. It was great! After the movie Addie and I split off from the boys and went to do a little shopping at Kyobo before heading back to Ilsan.

When I got home I had a great chat with my good friend Benny on the telephone! I haven't heard his voice since I left back in February and it was so awesome to chat and catch up. He's a great friend and it's really nice to realize that I have some truly amazing friends who I can not talk to for months and months at a time, and then when I do it feels like no time has passed at all. You rock Benny - I miss you bud! I also talked to my family and my sister who's back in T-Bay. I miss them a lot and feel a little sad that I won't be home this Christmas, but hey I'm gonna make up for it in other ways in Boracay!

Another weekend come and gone so quickly - and my last one in Korea in 2004!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home