*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Day 318-321: The Life Of A Beach Bum

Okay, so I'm breaking one of the cardinal rules of my blog for the first time ever. I've always written individual entries for *every single day* that I've been here in Korea (well, Asia in general.) Until now....

That week of December 27 - 30 is all just one beautiful perfect blur of laughter, adventures in the sun, soulful relaxation, and making sweet love to that beach every single day! I could honestly not tell you what I did exactly on each day. One surreal day in tropical paradise just blended into another. Days did not matter. Time did not matter. We slept when we were tired. Ate when we were hungry. Moved only when we felt motivated to leave our spot on the beach (and those moments were few and far between.) The whole week long I never once wore a watch, pants, or shoes. It was awesome!

And life as a beach bum was simply amazing. I loved it. Every second. The constant sun and fresh air. The sand perpetually caught in my toes. My dishevelled hair and unshaven face. My lack of clothing and corresponding fantasticly tanned skin. My bare feet. My forever-sunglasses-clad eyes. And my permanent smile. I wore nothing but a bathing suit, or shorts and t-shirt during the evening. I bought really cool colourful necklaces to drap around my neck. I even got two tattoos to signify my connection to the island. (and before you freak out, I should let you know that they were only henna tattoos!) I got a funky chain wrapped around my left ankle, and a five-inch gecko scaling my right calf. In only a matter of days I was completely transformed into an Islander.

And I was seriously addicted to it. It was a lifestyle that I could enjoy for a long, long time. With each passing day I was finding fewer and fewer reasons as to why I should get back on that plane to go home (oh yeah, that money thing!), and was in real and grave danger of becoming a permanent beach bum. Ahhhhh it was heaven!

Although the beach did consume most of our waking hours, we did do a couple cool activities. One day we went on an all-day boat tour that took us on quite an adventure. We went snorkelling on two different reefs, explored some claustophobic sea caves, had a delicious bbq lunch, and even got to hold a monkey! And all for only $10 Cdn! God is the Philippines ever cheap cheap cheap! And fun fun fun! I went jet-skiing another day and had a blast doing that as well. We also went swimming every single day and concluded that there really is nothing quite as pleasurable as floating in tropical turquoise waters under a blue sky next to a white-sand beach!

It was a week that I wished could last forever... *sigh* :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home