*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Day 324: A Frozen Welcome

We woke up at 5:30am today, got all our stuff together, and bid farewell to our island home. Our time in Boracay went by way too fast, as all vacations do, and forever this place will be in a special place in my heart. I vowed to return (at least once!) one day again.

So it was back on the long skinny boat, back on the thrilling motorized ghetto tricycle, back on our flying mini-school bus, back in an open-air jeep, and back on the big plane (777 this time) to fly back home to Korea. Our travel home was seamless and easy as pie. It's so nice when travel plans go nice and smoothly!

We landed back in Korea at 5pm and stepped out of the airport and back into the Siberian winter! Isch it was cold!!! Our tanned and supple beach bodies nearly snapped in half upon slamming into the wall of frigid air that was eagerly awaiting us. *sigh* It's only been a couple hours and yet that beautiful White Beach seems so far away already...

We took a cab back to Ilsan and when I got into my apartment it was so cold I swear you could see my breath inside! Bloody hell! I jacked up the heat full blast and waited for the blood to begin flowing again in my frozen veins. Tomorrow is back to work and I'm not totally excited about it, but I'm not dreading it either. I actually kinda miss my kiddies and am eager to hear all about my friends' holidays. I promise to have my pics up online soon so you check em out. Back to working life now for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home