*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Friday, January 14, 2005

Day 332: Scotty's Choice

Okay so it wasn't exactly 'Sophie's Choice', but I've been having quite the internal mental debate regarding whether to stay with Preschool or make the switch to Kindergarten. I swear every day I had changed my mind again, constantly flipping back and forth. I tend to take a long time to make major decisions, as I like to thoroughly weigh out all the scenarios and possibilities, and this was definitely one of those times.

But in the end I've decided to stick with Preschool. I was teaching my kids today and realized, yet again, how much I love those little anklebiters. They sure do drive me mad some days, but at the end of it all, I do love my job. I love having total control over my own classroom, my own kids. You create such a bond with your own class, you get to know these kids inside out. Hell, it feels like I'm actually raising these children myself. The amount of change and improvement and growth I've seen in them since I began teaching them six months ago has been astounding. Kids grow up so fast!

And given the fact that all my afternoon classes will change beginning in March, I'll have enough change to keep me stimulated and occupied. Having the 'stability' (if you can even call teaching a dozen crazy wired-up five year olds stable) of Preschool is comforting to me. I've gotten good at it and quite enjoy it. I'm excited over the new batch that will be coming in, and looking forward to creating the ultimate classroom from scratch. I've learned volumes of information on teaching since I began this job, and all my little tricks of the trade will be even easier to apply with a brand new class full of kids completely new to the school. It's gonna be awesome!

Get ready for Scotty Erdman & The Parrots: Season 2! Season Premiere begins March 2nd, 2005. Check your local internet service company for listings! ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home