*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Monday, January 10, 2005

Day 329: Bracing For Impact

So it's Friday night and the week flew by in a flash. What a pleasant surprise! I was all ready for a long and arduous week, just cause it's my first one back from holidays and that's usually how it goes.

When I came back from my holiday to Hong Kong I was totally down in the dumps. Seoul seemed so dirty and gross and boring in comparison, and after having such a blast there I was so not ready to go back to work. Being off on holidays on a fabulous vacation and then going back to working 50 hours a week is certainly an awkward transition, to say the least! I went through a short (but unpleasant) 'I hate Korea, why can't Korea be as cool as Hong Kong, ugh this place is driving me crazy' phase, but luckily it didn't last for long.

So even before my holiday to Boracay I was preparing to go through that again when I got back. I mean come on, you lie on a perfect tropical beach for nine days and then gotta go back to the long hours at work in sub-Siberian Korea, you gotta expect some backlash! I came back to Korea and braced for impact...

...but it never arrived!

For whatever reason, I've experienced no Korea-backlash or post-vacation depression since returning. Sure I whine about the cold, but I'm generally happy to be back at work. And although I'd rather be back on that beach right now (of course), I'm realistic about the whole thing. I had a blast on my holiday, appreciated it for what it was, and am cool with being back here in Korea. And hey Korea still seems pretty darn cool. White sands, sea-green waters, and palm tree-sans it may be, but it's got lots of other great goodies and I'm having fun.

Maybe it's also cause I know that my time at POLY will be coming to an end this year. Now that 2005 has arrived my July 5th departure date seems SO much closer. (even though it's still a full six-months away!) Not that I'm excited to leave POLY, but with what's to follow you can't blame me for being giddy with anticipation. "Project Wanderlust", launching on July 7th*, 2005 will be an amazing and life-changing experience, to say the least! God I can't even imagine how incredible that will be...

So all in all life here is really good. Vacation is over but I've got no major complaints (well, maybe if Mother Nature would warm things up just a bit....?) :-)



*"Project Wanderlust" is an official subsidiary of The S2H World Tour, and its specific launch date is still tentative at this date. Stay tuned for more details soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scotty - Alicia here...
Have you received my package yet? I sent you one over Christmastime....

12:57 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home