*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Friday, February 18, 2005

Day 357: All About The OC

My most favourite show in the entire world is The OC.

Okay wait I lied. It's my second most favourite show in the entire world. Nothing can hold a candle to The Amazing Race, but a close second is The OC. A show that I once loathed and refused to watch for many months because of the main character's permanent vacant gaze which annoyed me to all ends, I was tricked into watching an episode one fateful December night by my sister. And it was love at first sight. And ever since then I've been hooked!

I watched the last half of Season 1 when I was still living back home in Canada, and then was able to 'catch-up' with the first half when I came to Korea and they played re-runs here. Well then Season 2 began back home last fall and I was without my drug of choice. How tragic! At work Chris and Jeremy are as big a fans as I am, and we had many a whine session lamenting the fact that we without our weekly fix of Ryan, Seth, Summer and Marissa. You can imagine our sheer elation when we found out that good ol' AFN was gonna start airing Season 2 here in Korea. Oh happy day!

Our moment of pure joy was soon shot to hell when we discovered that the show was only going to be aired on Friday nights from 7-8pm. We work til 7:30pm and don't get home until just before 8pm.! Noooooo!!!! All of us own VCR's but heaven help a foreigner who can actually figure out how to work their's here in Korea. Isch!

But I had hopes of a miracle occuring. Miss Pauline is still staying with me these days and would be home at the time. Hey, I could just ask her to slip in a tape and hit record! How difficult could that be? Our saviour is here! And I'm gonna be the most popular boy on the block for getting back our precious OC! Hooray!

Well as soon as work was over I turned on my phone and received a very saddening text message from Pauline. My VCR *refused* to allow her to tape manually. It just spit out the tape over and over again. Dammit!! We were so close to our dream, and now it's so very far away! What ever will we do? :-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home