*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Day 349: Rock Stars

It's Thursday already and that means Fun Night after work. We decided to switch it up a bit and instead of going back to my place to play games we all went to a norabang. And this time we brought friends! There was seven of us altogether who gathered to rock out in our own private singing room - myself, Addie, Katie, Megan, Peter, Kara, and her boyfriend Miguel. What great turnout!

We went to our usual norabang and ended up staying about two and a half hours. I had a great time, even though I don't sing myself. Everyone else takes turns at the mic but I just sit and enjoy the show and cheer everyone on. Seriously, I really can't sing! At all! It's actually not just bad singing, but excrutiatingly painful singing that comes out of me. I'd love to grab that mic and just rock out, but then all my friends' ears would begin bleeding and really, that wouldn't be very nice of me to do that. And so I spare them the pain and suffering, despite all their efforts to get me to sing. (my singing is restricted entirely to the shower or when I'm alone in the car!)

We had quite the lineup of tunes tonight - some Britney, some U2, some Mariah Carey, some Bangles, some Bobby McFerrin, some Queen, and even some Spanish tunes courtest of Peruvian Miguel. Good times! It was a fun night out with my co-workers and it was great to see everyone have their chance to be a rock star for a night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home