*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Day 351: Reunion

Today was a bit of a Reunion Day. Actually, this whole weekend's theme seemed to be meeting up with old friends. I had lunch today with my friend Carolyn, who I hadn't seen since May. Carolyn was a girl that I met when me and all my buddies went on that Green Tea Festival/Buddhist Temple Overnight Stay weekend trip. She was part of our tour and was a really friendly girl who I spent a lot of time chatting with on that trip. I hadn't seen or talked to her at all though until November when I ran into her at a palace. We re-exchanged contact info and were back in touch, and finally met up today.

We went and had lunch at Three Alley Pub in Itaewon and it was great to sit and catch up. I learned that she's been teaching in Korea for SEVEN YEARS now!! Holy shit! I joked with her that she's in danger of becoming a "lifer", and she was quick to refute that she wouldn't let that happen and was planning on leaving next year. (A "lifer" is the term one uses to describe a foreigner who came to Korea with the intent of only being here for one year, but got sucked in by the comfortable lifestyle and ended up staying much, much longer - some stay for the rest of their lives, hence the term.) We went and had coffee at Starbucks later on and chatted for quite a while longer before she had to head home.

I stayed home to work on some report cards, and then met up with Michael, Nick, Angele, and Pauline. It was the first time that the five of us have been back together in several months and it was so great to have the gang together again! We went and had supper at this really fabulous restaurant called Our Place. After a fantastic meal we headed back to Michael's place (minus Nick who went off to play pool with some other friends) and had a little slumber party together. We picked up Miss Meghann in exchange who we haven't seen since before Christmas holidays and brought her along to the party too. There was no pillow fights in pink panties - unfortunately - but we played Scattergories and stayed up late having a blast. It's great to have everyone back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home