*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Day 352: Mega Report Cards

Michael, Meghann, and I went to Insadong today to do a little shopping, and I was a little reluctant to go there. I usually avoid that place on Sundays cause it's always ridiculously busy, and after spending so many weekends there doing Christmas shopping last November-December, I had placed an embargo on Insadong. After two months of the embargo I thought it would be okay to break it today, and surprisingly enough it was very quiet there and actually an enjoyable environment do so shopping. Asah! (Korean for "YES!" or "Woohoo!")

After shopping we went and camped out at Starbucks for a while to relax and chit chat. Meghann and I exchanged stories about our respective holiday trips and I had brought photos along too. She had to go home after that, but Michael and I stayed behind to work. He studied his Korean (he's now a student at Yonsei University studying Korean language) and I worked on my Mega Report Cards.

Along with having to make the big decision to place our Preschoolers, we have to do these ginormous report cards to go along with that. The report card package for *each* student is six pages long, and consists of number grading and then half pages of comments on each sheet. You multiply that by my ten Parrots and that means SIXTY PAGES of bloody report cards! Isch! It's a total pain in the ass but I guess understandable considering that these evaluations are like reviews for the whole year and will therefore be our 'paperwork' to back-up our placement decisions. Still, it's a lot of work and has been very time consuming. I had already put in about three hours of work on them on Thursday and Friday, plus a good two hours or so yesterday at Starbucks, and then another two hours or so today! Holy crap these are some huge report cards!

Young-Seok joined us later on and we grabbed a quick dinner before heading back to Michael's to pick up his car. We drove on out to Ilsan with the hopes of seeing a movie, but alas, our attempts were foiled again. A few days earlier I had seen that 'Vanity Fair' and 'Alfie' were playing at LaFesta, but when we got there they were nowhere to be seen. We missed them again! Once again the Week-Long English Movie Special Syndrome had struck us. Blink and you'll miss the English films here! LOL The boys decided just to head home after that and I hung out in my apartment with Miss Pauline instead. Not a bad weekend after all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Hey you! When do the rest of us get to see your trip pictures MISTER!!!!

4:31 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home