*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Friday, February 18, 2005

Day 362: A Very Bad Boy

Oh I was a very bad boy tonight! I'm so ashamed of myself!

*hiding face out of embarrassment and grimacing in pain over disappointment in self*

I ATE BEEF!!!

Okay, it was actually only a tiny little bit, but still I ate dead cow and I'm so not impressed with myself! Argh!

I could be a cop-out and totally blame Jake & Shannon for it, but I gotta be a man and take the responsibility. You see, this afternoon was our Trivial Pursuit Marathon game, and what a marathon it was. It was Lorraine & Shannon vs. Jake & Paul vs. Pauline and I. And what a long, brutal game! We literally played for *five hours* and still at that point no one had six pies yet.

Well we had been in their apartment all day long and the whole time Shannon had had a crockpot full of chili quietly brewing away. By the time we were getting sick of the game, I had been smelling that delicious chili all day and was absolutely starving. Shannon offered to serve dinner to everyone and I was feeling the temptation... I hadn't eaten chili in over a year and I love chili! Maybe I could just pick out the beef chunks?

Well I looked inside the crockpot and saw that the ground beef was all mashed and mixed up in the chili. There was no way I could separate it. It was either eat the chili and therefore eat that red meat, or starve and be forced to chew on my own skinny little arm. And so I chose the chili....

The chili tasted damn good but it was strange at the same time with the bit of sensation of that beef in my mouth. I ate a huge bowlfull and afterwards had a bit of a tummy ache. This is the first time I've eaten any measurable amount of red meat since I gave it up over a year and a half ago and my stomach was feeling a little...upset. In all reality it was probably more out of guilt than actual indigestion because the amount was so little.

I still would never ever eat like a steak or hamburger or anything like that, but still feel like a bit of a failure for my tiny yet note-worthy consumption of red meat tonight. Ugh. I'm a bad, bad boy!!! :-(

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

moooooo :P

5:00 p.m.

 
Blogger Cindy said...

Oh suck it up Scotty!

4:12 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home