*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Day 356: Permanent Rotation

Oops! This is an entry that I had forgotten to write in my last wave of already way-too late entries. Sorry, entry!

And it's another entry about music!

At work, they've become obsessive about standardizing lately ('they' being the school's head honchos.) The latest victim of their all-encompassing standardization fetish is classroom music. Before we were allowed to play our own music in the classrooms (the Preschool & Kindergarten classes, that is.) Obviously we all chose our music carefully, ie: stuff that was fun for us and still appropriate for the kids - you didn't hear us blasting out any Eminem or Lil Kim or anything like that!

Well now we can *play* children's songs! Ugh! I guess this does make sense, considering that we are in fact teachers of young children... Still, the prospect of having to listen to those lame kids' CD's they've provided day in, day out does NOT sound appealing at all!

Luckily Addie intervened and 'saved' us with some Disney music. It's fun and lively and not uber-annoying, yet still falls into the category of being 'children's music.' So I've been playing her CD's non-stop and once again I'm falling victim to the 'Seeping In' Effect. Those songs have become permanently absorbed into my cranium and now I can't get away from them.

In my afternoon classrooms I'm humming "Hakuna Matata." While walking along the streets I'm whistling "Be Our Guest." In the shower I'm rocking out to "Part Of Their World". And the worst yet has gotta be the fact that in the last three days I've had "Supercalifragalisticexpealadocious" on permanent rotation in my head!

Oh God! Make it stop! ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home