*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Day 375: Snow!

I left my apartment this morning to meet up with the girls to walk to school and was greeted with a wonderful sight. It had snowed overnight and Korea had been turned into a beautiful winter wonderland! Wow! I was SO excited about it! I ran back inside to get my camera and then raced back outside! Me and the girls were giddy as hell about it and frolicked around in the snow being completely silly and taking tons of photos.

And it was nice snow! It was white and soft and fluffy and covered everything in a still and silent blanket - not dirty or slushy or anything gross like that. For once Jungsan actually looked *clean!* The world looked so innocent and pretty again, like my childhood years back in Thunder Bay. I don't know what it is but the world just seems so much *quieter* after freshly fallen snow. No honking horns, no screaming children - just white silent bliss. What a rare treat!

I just *had* to walk to work today. There was no way I could pass up an opportunity like this by taking the bus or a cab. Addie and Kara didn't want to get wet so they opted out, but Katie and I gave in to our childish impulses and horsed around in the snow all the way to work. It was awesome, even though I knew it would not last.

By the time we got off of work the snow had already melted. Korea's first snowfall had come and gone already. Ahhh well, it was fun while it lasted. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home