*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Day 240: Cheap Man's Art

Addie and I decided to have a "Seoul Day" today - a day to hang out in the city and do semi-touristy stuff and check out some sights that she hasn't seen yet. We were going to check out Seoul Tower but it was a little on the smoggy side today and there's no point going up there unless it's a perfectly clear day. We've been having such beautiful weather lately with the clearest skies I've seen in six months, so I know there'll be another one of those nice days soon.

Instead we decided to do a little browsing at Kyobo Books, and then meander through Insadong. Addie's never been to Insadong and it really is one of the coolest parts of the city. First we did a little clothes shopping as since the last payday I've been itching to buy myself some new treads, but alas, I didn't find anything today that I wanted to buy. (Why is it that whenever you can't/are not allowed to go shopping, you find TONS of stuff you wanna buy, and then when you actually have money to spend, you can't find a single thing you want? What's up with that?)

Michael joined us for Insadong and we pushed ourselves into the throngs of people that crammed onto that one street. The crowds were ridiculously insane today (but it is Sunday today, so I shouldn't be surprised) but we had a fun day nonetheless. I was on a mission to find some cool Korean stuff to decorate my apartment with. I've got a great little pad but the walls are a little bare and it needs some colour and some 'life' to spice it up. Inspired by Michael's apartment, I bought some giant pieces of beautiful Korean paper to drape on my walls - (aka Cheap Man's Art!) I also bought a fairly large Korean scroll with a really pretty ink image of a branch to hang in my apartment as well. Between the artsy stuff I bought today, my little Korean coffee table, and my maps and pics from Korea, my Totally Korean Apartment should be nearly complete after this! ;-)

We had dinner at Bennigan's and then Addie and I headed back to Ilsan. We met up with Katie and the three of us rented 'The Princess Diaries'. The sequel is coming out soon in Korea and even though I've heard it isn't very good, we plan on seeing it anyway (when like only two or three English movies come out in Korea a month - at best- you really will go to the theatre to see just about anything.) It was then bedtime as tomorrow is Monday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

S,

The sequel to the Princess Diaries is actually not too bad...its very cute actually...since you love your chick flicks...im sure you will like it!

B.

2:17 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home