*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Day 237: Competition

After work tonight I had Addie, Katie, and Chris over to play a little Cranium. Technically the Cranium game belongs to Michael, but I 'accidentally kidnapped' it last week and it's been with me ever since. Cranium is one gosh darn fun game. I sure do love it!

We had it paired up so it was Boys vs. Girls (ahh, the eternal Battle of the Sexes) and it was oodles of fun. The first round the girls whooped us boys' asses. But after suffering such a humiliating loss us boys demanded a Rematch, and the ladies accepted our offer. We ended up kicking butt in Game 2 and so I felt redeemed by having evened up the score with that win.

One thing that you should know about me - and I'll freely admit it to anyone - is that when it comes to games (especially board games) I am *extremely competitive.* I try not to be, and attempt to convince myself that 'who cares cause it's just a game', but that hasn't seemed to have worked on me yet. It's not that I turn into a raging, seething, foaming-at-the-mouth SuperBitch when I lose or anything, I just really REALLY like to win. And it shows when I play. I take my board games very seriously (while still having tons of fun) and tend to be very 'strategic' with games, even when it's not required.

This competitive side is especially evident whenever I play Scrabble with Pauline. I don't know what it is about that girl, but there's something about playing that word game with her that makes my uber-competitive side rear it's ugly head whenever I'm stacked up against her. And she's so damn fucking good at that game! Despite the fact that I've played ferociously and feverishly against her dozens of times, I have still yet to win *even once* against her. And she just sits there so calmly the whole time while I work myself into a near-frenzy. Maybe that's her edge? Her coolness fuels the fires of my competitivity? One of my main missions in life is to beat that bitch at her own game (I love ya Pauline!) and nail her Scrabble-Supremacy ass to the wall. One of these days it will happen. And I refuse to leave Korea until I complete such mission (or let her leave for that matter either, and considering that she's supposedly leaving Korea in like a month the clock is really ticking.)

GODDAMMIT I REALLY NEED TO WIN!!!

And now here's the part where I forget to breathe...

;-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you don't turn into a raging, seething, foaming-at-the-mouth SuperBitch when you lose,no no no, just when you are playing...hehehe. I can say that anyone who has ever played any type of game with you should be on their best behavior when playing or the foaming will begin!! hehehehehe

B.

11:39 p.m.

 
Blogger Cindy said...

Maybe you can beat the girls at Cranium but you boys still haven't been able to beat the girls in Gender Gap! The long-standing challenge is still out there...and us girls still have a 3-0 lead on you. ha ha ha ha ha ha

2:27 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home