*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Monday, October 11, 2004

Day 234: Milking It

So I woke up today and did indeed take a sick day. I probably could've gotten away with going to work, but after the way my body's depository habits have been lately, I decided it was better to just chill at home and go back tomorrow when things are (hopefully) all back to normal again.

Today was the first sick day that I've taken in YEARS! The last job I had before this one was at Delany's Coffee House, and I can't even remember the last sick day I took there. It really has been *that* long. I almost never get sick, and even when I do it's never serious enough to have to stay at home. I hate been defeated by miniscule little viruses and always prefer to just 'tough it out.' Calling in sick, I've learned in the past, is really easy to do when you call first thing in the morning immediately after you've waken up. You still have the Sleepy Voice which can easily be manipulated into Sick Voice. Not that I was lying about my conditions today on the phone to my bosses or anything like that, but it's always best not to leave any doubt in their minds, so I played it up a bit.

My Sick Day turned out to be quite a productive one and I'm fairly proud of myself. I got A LOT done today! I made a Master List of all the things I needed to get done and got through pretty much the whole thing. Dishes? Check! Laundry? Check-Check! Sweep and wash floors? Checkerooni! Cleaning my really dirty bathroom? Checkety Check-Check! My place looked awesome by the end of the day. Mom would be pleased.

I got a lot of other little odds 'n ends done today, including picking up my photos from Hong Kong which turned out great. Watch for those coming online soon. I also had a little Creative Project today. I redid my Fridge Of Fun (btw, I seem to be loving using Capital Letters today on my words) and made it an all-Korea display. Before it had all been Canada photos and I decided that I needed to move on from that and focus on all my amazing memories that I have here in Korea, carefully captured in crazy and charismatic photos. I kept a few of my favourite photos from Canada and put them on the side of the fridge - I haven't forgotten my Canadian friends completely!

While digging through my old photos I came across a really wonderful and exciting discovery. There, buried amongst my photos from months and months ago, was my elusive Second Battery for my cell phone. Now to give you a brief history, I bought Brad's old cell phone when he moved back to Canada but it only worked a few weeks (despite the fact that service was supposed to have been cut off almost immediately) and then the first battery fucked up and the phone went out of commission. Well it's been sleeping dead in my drawer ever since late June cause I couldn't find the second battery to juice it up. So when I found this second battery I hurriedly (is that a word?) shoved it into the cell phone and DING! it turned on!

And not only did it turn on, but the damn thing STILL HAS SERVICE!!!

Service was supposed to have been cut off *four months ago* and yet it's still running. I've never paid a bill for the thing and have no idea where the bill goes or who's been paying for it all these months. Either way I'm THRILLED and plan on milking this for all I can get. As long as it's running I'm going to use it now. No, I'm not gonna be dumb and phone Bolivia just because I can (for free), but I'm seriously gonna treat it like a regular phone. Why not man? If you're dumb enough to pay for a phone you don't even use, well then I think I deserve to take advantage of this and use it for as long as I can.

A free cell phone? Right on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home