*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Day 262: Charitable Donations

A few weeks ago I put out a call for friends/family/readers to submit their favourite quotations and other words they found inspiring. The response was absolutely dismal (you guys are all so lazy!), so I decided to post some more of my words of wisdom. Here's a list courtesy of my good friend Katie who has these posted on her apartment door. Thanks for the list, Katie!

"For the longest way round is the shortest way home." - CSL

"Sometimes our greatest opportunities come wrapped in what appears to be our worst defeats." - John Marshall

"How come we've got these bodies? They are frail supports for what we feel." - Louise Erdrich

"For I have known them all already, known them all - have known evenings, mornings, afternoons, I have measured out my life with coffee spoons." - T.S. Eliot

"Change your thoughts and you change your world." - Norman V. Peale

"After a while...you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul,...And you begin to accept your defeats with your head up and your eyes open, with the grace of an adult." - unknown

"So plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers. You really can endure. You really are strong. Build all your roads on today because tomorrow's ground is uncertain." - unknown

And my personal favourite that she gave:

"The first object of laudable ambition is to obtain a character as a human being." - Mary Wollstonecraft

I'm gonna search for more. I'm on an 'Inspiring Pieces of Literature and Words' Quest. Care to donate to my worthy charity?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no more dude...you called us dismal :(

B. hehe

3:23 a.m.

 
Blogger Cindy said...

As a short piece of interest do you know who Mary Wollstonecraft is? She is also known as Mary Shelley aka Author of Frankenstein.

2:32 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home