*Coming Soon To A Continent Near You!*

Monday, November 08, 2004

Day 261: Feasting On Fromage

Crashing at Michael's on the weekend is the best. He's not only like my best friend here in Korea but he's a kick ass host! He lets me crash there every weekend *and* then also makes me an awesome brunch in the morning! Eggs, hashbrowns, coffee....mmmm... As always we just lounge around for like half of Sunday in our pajamas eating brunch and watching cheesy movies. Today was '13 Going On 30' which I had never seen before. Everyone had told me what a bad movie it was, and yeah I know it's not going to win any Oscars, I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. Jennifer Garner is awesome as always, and that movie has the best soundtrack I've heard in a long time (go 80's music!!)

Later on in mid-afternoon I met up with Addie and Katie who came down to Itaewon. Katie's never been to Itaewon and she wanted to check it out and do a little shopping. It was a beautiful day and we had a good time cruising around the antique stores and used book-stores in the little alleys off the main Itaewon drag. After Itaewon we took a cab to Insadong to do some major shopping. Christmas may be just under two months away but I've got to get an early start if I'm actually going to get those packages home in time for the holiday. I found some awesome gifts today that my family's going to love. I only got like half of my shopping done but it's a good start nonetheless.

After Insadong we met up with Michael and Pauline for dinner. We took Katie down to the Neon Strip for the first time and we all allowed ourselves to be mesmerized by the arcade-like alley of neon covering the buildings from top to bottom. Man, I love this street! It never fails to impress, each and every time. We went and had dakkalbi for dinner and it was really delicious. After dinner we just had to visit Ben & Jerry's because it's so close and it's the only one we know of in Seoul. They have this one flavour - Oatmeal Cookie Dough - that just may be the best damn ice cream I've ever had.

After dessert Michael and Pauline headed off home, and the three of us went and saw Princess Diaries 2. Yes it was completely cheesy and totally unintelligent, but it was wonderfully silly and effortlessly entertaining. I'm a fan of Fromage and aren't afraid to admit it! We all had fun at the movie anyways, and then bussed it back home to Ilsan. I talked to my Grandma and Dad on the phone for a while which was really nice, and then it was off to bed.

2 Comments:

Blogger brappy said...

For some reason, I thought about you this weekend when I was out at 3 a.m. dancing like a slut with my boyfriend to "My Perogative"... hmm... wonder why? ;-)

7:34 p.m.

 
Blogger Cindy said...

13 going on 30 was fun. It was entertaining. Why do movies have to be more than that. I never take people's advice when it comes to movies because everyone's tastes are different. I enjoyed it.

2:29 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home